Friday, January 21, 2011

PIZZA PIZZA!

I love pizza who doesn't? But, for me, pizza is on the list of things I rarely let myself eat. Unless of course I happen to find myself at one of Boston's best pizza joints.....Regina Pizzeria! Other than being in Italy this is some of the best pizza I have ever had. The fella and I were lucky enough to join the in-laws for dinner before going to a Bruins game around Christmas. Going to Regina's is somewhat like visiting the soup nazi. There is no fooling around or leisurely chit chatting while enjoying your food, you eat and get out, and no drinking at the bar unless your beer is accompanied by a pie. There is often a line of freezing patrons bearing the cold under the insufficient heat lamps, and you better hope your entire party is there when you get to the front, otherwise you'll continue to freeze until everyone is ready to be seated.

Once luckily enough to get inside get ready to suck in your gut and side shuffle through the old Boston landmark to the tiny table or booth you feel like winning the lottery for having scored. Its a good idea to have read the menu while waiting in line outside. While friendly, the waitresses are not there to make friends and pretty much expect your entire food and drink order by the time you hit the seat.
While your dining experience may feel a bit rushed, it certainly isn't hard to take down a whole pizza single handedly. And as you can see from these pics thats exactly what I did. While looking at these pictures you may also be thinking why in the hell would she order a pizza with all the green vegetables. Well, in my crazy mind eating a pizza covered in vegetables and fat as opposed to double fat, is my justification for eating the whole thing. But, never fear the fella and his parents both enjoyed a large double pepperoni.



Regina's has a great selection of pizza toppings and beer. They also serve wine but our choice to wash down the delicious cheesy goodness was a nice cold pitcher of Stella Artois. My choice was definitely Peroni to go with the pizza. But on this occasion the fella made the choice for the table. Though they are quick to turn the table, the waitress are also quick to refill your pitcher. They serve you quickly but they do it well! If you ever find yourself in Boston's North End brave the cold and hop in the long line to pizza heaven. And call me crazy but you just might love the broccoli and spinach pizza in my opinion it could rival a double pepperoni any day!

3 comments:

  1. This is certainly one of the places where you are going to take me!
    RIGHT??
    Speaking of Pizza, we finally managed to inaugurate our wood fueled brick oven here at Badia!! After I lost all my hair and beard at the first tentative thanks to a fire blast, the second time wen't better and we baked delicious pizzas! Not to pretty looking...but very tasty!
    I must say though that these up here look REALLY gorgeous and inviting...do you think they deliver to Italy??
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight we are going out with some friends for...PIZZA! It's called "At Cinzia's" (Da Cinzia) where perhaps they make one of my favorite pizzas. It's called "Provola and Spianata", its a mix of mozzarella and slightly smoked provolone cheese with a typical calabrese salami called...spianata!
    Heaven!
    Take a look here:
    http://www.ristorantepizzeriacinziafirenze.com/menu/il-nostro-menu
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yum, Ash. You shall take me before you leave for overseas. Love u, mean it.

    ReplyDelete