Monday, February 7, 2011

A Frankfurter in Frankfurt and a Frozen Veggie Review

I don't have much to proclaim today. No earth shattering dish or life changing recipe. The fella and I spent the day shoveling more than a foot of snow that got dumped on us overnight. Ok, he shoveled way more than I did but, I helped. I do have a broken ankle let us not forget! So tonight he gets a tasty dinner he loves to eat, I'm in the middle of making garlic mashed potatoes, barbecue broiled chicken, and sweet corn. Yes I know corn is not in season but I must say those lovely steam bags are a wonderful thing. We can all enjoy the the tastes of summer in the dead of winter. I don't mind buying frozen veggies. Some are really quite tasty when what you want is out of season. Though some can be down right waterlogged, mushy, and totally unpleasant. Through trial and error I've picked the right brand and the right frozen vegetables. But, I will share a meal I had in Frankfurt Germany with my wonderful aunt. We were in the midst of a layover on our way back to Italy from Norway and I wanted nothing more than to have a hot dog from where they originated. Hence, a frankfurter in Frankfurt!

It was a tasty treat, you may be surprised to see no bun. But, thats how they roll in Frankfurt. Its just as good as a dog at Fenway Park we just have our own take on it. The hot dog was hot of course and snapped ever so slightly with every cut from the knife and just pops in your mouth. The potato salad was great too, with bits of smoky pork and grainy mustard pizzaz. Everyone needs a little pork in their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment