Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Brownies

Is it just me, or does martha stewart have a way of making you feel bad about yourself? She has these fabulous recipes, and fabulous photos of these recipes (and hundreds of millions of dollars, but thats beside the point) and mine never seem to measure up. This seems a bitter way to start a post about valentines day but, ugh does she get to me! I used her brownie recipe from the Baking Handbook and they came out fine. I will admit I am a much better cook than I am a baker but, I still love to do it. My finished product just never looks like hers. I digress.... these brownies are very tasty and came out looking pretty good. With a little help from a heart shaped cookie cutter, they will be a lovely sweet treat for your valentine. Hopefully you have more than one or you'll end up eating the whole batch like me!  And Here we have Martha Stewart's Fudgy Chocolate Brownies. Valentine style.
You need:
1 stick unsalted butter, plus more for pan
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
11/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Your Ingredients.

Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. 

Prepare your pan with butter and flour.

After the chocolate, butter mixture cools (about 10-15 mins) add the sugar.

Stir it. 

Add eggs mixing well after each addition. 

Add the vanilla.

Fold in the flour and salt. Careful not to over mix.

Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared pan. 

Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Until a toothpick comes out just about clean. Don't over bake it will continue to cook for a bit out of the oven.  

Grab you heart shaped cookie/brownie cutter and start making some magic!

Voila! Heart shaped brownies for your valentine. 

Happy Valentines day! And don't let martha bring you down, make these brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment