Thursday, February 17, 2011

Joy! In a Styrofoam box


Few things are more joyous to receive via the U.S. postal service than this glorious Styrofoam box I came across today, filled with boxes upon boxes of pure deliciousness. Ladies and gentleman we have Omaha Steaks! Thank God for grandmothers who love their grandsons. This special delivery came today as an early birthday present for the fella. It may as well have been my birthday, I'm thrilled. We are now the proud, soon to be consumers of filet mignon, bacon wrapped filets, hot dogs, burgers, pork chops, pot roast, steak tips, au gratin potatoes, and even apple tartlets. 
Tonight I made some steak tips and caesar salad with homemade dressing, the recipe coming from the wonderful Jamie Oliver, I'll be sharing that go round with you all tomorrow. I'm not a huge fan of steak tips and would never order them at a restaurant, where more often than not you are presented with a pile of cow chopped in to bits, resembling and tasting like tire tread. No thank you. But, the Omaha steak tips are unbelievably tender and tasty. A tip, if you will, of beef heaven. All I can say is, thank you grammy!
Even Bo was excited about the delivery. Thats about as close as he is gonna get to tasting any of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment